Nonviolence 101 is designed to help you harness the power of nonviolence for your classroom. Since peace begins with each one of us, this course also aims to revitalize your sense of personal wellbeing (rest is important for our nervous systems—resilience is a huge component of peacebuilding). Here are a few tips on enjoying this course:
1. Move at your own pace — Each course section includes a short video and is followed by additional material and inspirational practices. The course is divided into 5 sections, and you can move through the material in a time frame works for you, be it 5 weeks or something else.
2. See the Quick Guide before starting — Our brief guide explains how to access and navigate the course, change your account information, and email us with course questions. Like this Welcome message, the Quick Guide is housed in the Introduction section.
3. Take advantage of the Classroom Tools section — Knowing that many of you feel called to teach nonviolence, we've created lesson plans for grades Pre-K to 7 and 8 to 12. These downloadable PDFs, along with other printable materials and video links, will make it easy for you to incorporate concepts from this very course into your class lessons.
4. Remember your unlimited access — Return to Nonviolence 101: Crash Course for Educators as often as you’d like, even when you’ve completed it: you have lifetime access to everything in the course, including the classroom tools.
5. Request a conversation — If you're thinking about teaching nonviolence to your students and could use some insights, we're here to help. Once you've completed the course, you may request a private 3o-minute conversation with the Metta Center for Nonviolence. See the Contact information at the end of the course for our email.
Please email our course team for any questions you may have about this course: [email protected]